FIP 2024 participants should be particularly aware of visa requirements to visit South Africa. Please plan your travel well in advance and allow plenty of time to apply for a visa.
The congress secretariat cannot issue actual visas to attend the congress but can issue a Visa Support Letter to assist with your visa application. Visa Support Letters are issued through the online registration system.
Please note that Visa Support Letters will only be issued upon confirmation of registration and after full payment for registration fees has been received. Visa Support Letters are issued via email in PDF format
When entering South Africa, you will need the following:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay
- At least one blank page in your passport for endorsements
- A valid visa, if required
- Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay
- A return or onward ticket
- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
PLEASE VISIT THE SOUTH AFRICAN DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS VISA PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
N.B.: Please note that the FIP Congress Department will send the list of registered delates on a regular basis to the South African Department of Home Affairs.